Do More with Google Jamboard
Jamboard tips, tutorials, and templates for class tomorrow
Jamboard is a great, easy-to-use visual learning tool. It's Google's free digital whiteboard app. There's SO much it can be used for in the classroom.
But it's a new tool. What would it look like in YOUR class?
- Maybe you need to know where to start.
- Maybe you have the basics and want to know how to use it in the classroom.
- Maybe you need some inspiration and ideas.
You're in the right place. Welcome to the Do More with Google Jamboard online course.
This course will introduce you to Jamboard features you might not know. It will give you dozens of ideas for using it in the classroom. Plus, it provides you with more than 100 templates and ideas you can plug into class tomorrow.
Here's what you'll find inside:
- MODULE 1: Jamboard Basics: Take a tour around the Jamboard app, learning what all the buttons do AND how they fit in a classroom setting.
- MODULE 2: Jamboard Ideas: What does it look like in a classroom? Learn how to use Jamboard for attendance, bell ringers, assessment, demonstration of understanding, community building, and more.
- MODULE 3: Jamboard Templates: It's easier than you think to make assignments for students on Jamboard. Our three-step process will have you creating in no time. Plus, you get access to more than 100 templates you can plug into class right away.
Plus, you get the RESOURCE LOCKER full of templates, tutorials, graphics, ideas, and more. You'll come back to this handy resource over and over after completing the course.
- A collection of templates to assign to students right away
- 40 activity ideas you can use immediately
- Tutorial slides to use as a quick visual review
- Easy to understand interactive infographics you can give your students
- Video playlists, posts, and extra resources
- BONUS VIDEO: The popular Ditch Summit session on Jamboard with Maria Arfanakis Galanis
Matt Miller taught in public schools for more than 10 years, teaching all levels of high school Spanish. In his career, he planned nearly 12,000 class lessons. He taught more than half a million instructional minutes. And he graded work for nearly 2,000 days of class.
His blog and book, both titled “Ditch That Textbook”, have equipped and inspired tens of thousands of educators in more than 100 countries. He is a Google Certified Innovator (Austin ’14), a Skype Master Teacher, a Bammy! Awards nominee, and winner of the WTHI-TV Golden Apple Award.
He lives in west central Indiana and says that he’s living the dream -- happily married … with three kids … two dogs … and a mortgage.
Start1. Bell Ringers, Exit Tickets, and Attendance (9:36)
Start2. Reference Resources (4:03)
Start3. Student Engagement and Community (9:30)
Start4. Interactive Activities (12:04)
Start5. Demonstrations of Learning (13:17)
Start6. Brainstorming and Visual Learning (9:06)
Start7. Collaboration (8:59)
Start8. Remote Learning (6:59)
Start9. Outside the Classroom (5:27)
Frequently Asked Questions
Why enroll in this course?
Here are the top 10 reasons ...
1. Visual learning connects with students. Research backs the verbal/visual mix you get with Jamboard.
2. It's a bargain. At $29, it's similarly priced to a book -- or a handful of bundles on Teachers Pay Teachers. You get an entire course plus loads of resources you can use in class right away.
3. It's self-paced. Go slow. Go fast and finish it in a weekend. Go back and rewatch any time.
4. You get professional development credit. Generate a certificate of completion for two hours of PD for license renewal.
5. You'll see smiles. Imagine your students' reaction when you make learning more visual and engaging.
6. You'll smile! When you save time and create fun learning opportunities, you'll enjoy teaching more.
7. You'll save time. With all of the pre-made templates, you can use them right away -- or modify them to suit your needs.
8. You can learn from others. Participants are encouraged to post their own Jamboard templates and engage in comments. You're not alone!
9. You get lifetime access. As long as the course is available, you have access. Buy once and keep it for good!
10. You're investing in your students. A little time and money now leads to better, more engaged learning for your students for the long-run.
The value of the course
$200: 2+ hours of video instruction with Matt Miller
$200: 100 templates and 40 activities on Teachers Pay Teachers
$100: Playlists, resources, and certificate of completion
TOTAL VALUE: $500
ACTUAL COST: $29 USD