Getting Started with Virtual Field Trips
A trip can be a magical, transformational experience for students. They go somewhere and get to see, hear, smell, taste, touch ... experience! It makes their abstract learning feel real and tangible.
But taking students on a trip isn't all sunshine and rainbows. It involves work.
Buses. Bus drivers. Permission slips. Emails. Phone calls. Lunches.
The list goes on and on and on.
Nothing is better than an in-person trip ... however ...
... what if you could get the next best thing -- for FREE -- and go on those trips much more often?
Welcome to the world of virtual field trips.
Virtual field trips let you and your students tour all over the world, meeting new people and seeing new sights. They can be live and synchronous like a Zoom call ... or on-demand and aysnchronous, available any time at the touch of a button.
SO MANY virtual field trips are available from organizations and locations scattered all over the internet and the globe. How can you take advantage, saving time, saving money, and creating memorable learning for your students?
The Getting Started with Virtual Field Trips online course will have you and your students experiencing the world virtually in no time. Using these virtual experiences with students from K-12 and beyond will help make learning real. The course includes ...
- More than 45 minutes of video instruction
- An in-depth look at 10 places to find free virtual field trips
- Templates, tools, and tutorials for creating your own virtual field trips
Plus, you'll get the Virtual Field Trips Database, a searchable database of more than 500 virtual field trips you can use right away!
You'll also get the Resource Locker, the epic mega-resource we include in all our Ditch That Textbook courses with everything you'll want to access throughout the year.
Matt Miller taught in public schools for more than 10 years, teaching all levels of high school Spanish. In his career, he planned nearly 12,000 class lessons. He taught more than half a million instructional minutes. And he graded work for nearly 2,000 days of class.
His blog and book, both titled “Ditch That Textbook”, have equipped and inspired tens of thousands of educators in more than 100 countries. He is a Google Certified Innovator (Austin ’14), a Skype Master Teacher, a Bammy! Awards nominee, and winner of the WTHI-TV Golden Apple Award.
He lives in west central Indiana and says that he’s living the dream -- happily married … with three kids … two dogs … and a mortgage.
Karly Moura has been in the elementary school classroom for more than 15 years, teaching students about computer science, coding, and other subjects. In her role as an instructional coach, Karly works with teachers in person and remotely to integrate technology into the classroom in new and exciting ways. She is a respected source of educational ideas and sharing on social media. She is also the content and social media manager at Ditch That Textbook, where she contributes to the blog and educational resources that reach tens of thousands of educators all over the world.
StartBefore You Start: Info about this course
StartModule 1: Virtual field trips in the classroom (8:48)
StartModule 2: 10 places to find virtual field trips (12:48)
StartModule 3: Do MORE with virtual field trips (13:43)
StartModule 4: Creating your own virtual field trips (13:06)
StartThe Resource Locker
StartVirtual Field Trips Database
StartCertificate of Completion
Frequently Asked Questions
Why enroll in this course?
Here are the top 10 reasons ...
1. Tons of templates. With all of our templates and tutorials, you can use them right away -- or modify them to suit your needs.
2. It's a bargain. At $19, it's similarly priced to a book -- or a handful of bundles on Teachers Pay Teachers. You get an entire course plus loads of resources you can use in class right away.
3. It's self-paced. Go slow. Go fast and finish it in a weekend. Go back and rewatch any time.
4. You get professional development credit. Generate a certificate of completion for an hour of PD for license renewal.
5. You'll see smiles. Imagine your students' reaction when you take them on trips around the world, into space or even under the ocean!
6. You'll smile! When you save time and create fun learning opportunities, you'll enjoy teaching more.
7. You'll save time. With all of the pre-made virtual field trips, you can use these resources tomorrow!
8. You can learn from others. Participants are encouraged to post their own virtual field trips ideas and engage in comments. You're not alone!
9. You get lifetime access. As long as the course is available, you have access. Buy once and keep it for good!
10. You're investing in your students. A little time and money now leads to better, more engaged learning for your students for the long run.
Want to order for multiple people? Save $$$ with bulk order pricing for groups, departments, schools and even districts! Email [email protected] for details.
Imagine the engagement. The smiles. The connections your students will make that they wouldn't make otherwise.
Enroll in this course today, and you'll be ready to "wow" your students with virtual field trips tomorrow!