Remote Learning 101
The tips, tools and practices you need to teach remotely
When schools started closing their buildings and going online, educators were sent scrambling. After the dust settled, they were left with some questions:
- How can learning continue to go forward during remote learning? (CAN it go forward?)
- How can I build relationships and provide for my students emotionally?
- How can I make the most of video calls and recorded videos?
- Can I do this?
In this FREE course, Remote Learning 101, educators will get lots of practical tips, ideas and resources to make a plan for remote learning. They'll think through some of the key parts of it. They'll take practical steps toward building the remote learning class they need -- and their students need.
The course includes:
- More than 2 hours of personal video footage with course instructor Matt Miller of Ditch That Textbook
- A community element with discussion questions for the comments section of each module
- Extra resources, including downloadable templates, video tutorials, podcast episodes and more
- Downloadable (or printable) planning documents to help educators think through their plans
Did we mention this course is FREE??? You'll finish this course and think, "Wow, I can't believe they're giving this away!"
Matt Miller taught in public schools for more than 10 years, teaching all levels of high school Spanish. In his career, he planned nearly 12,000 class lessons. He taught more than half a million instructional minutes. And he graded work for nearly 2,000 days of class.
His blog and book, both titled “Ditch That Textbook”, have equipped and inspired tens of thousands of educators in more than 100 countries. He is a Google Certified Innovator (Austin ’14), a Skype Master Teacher, a Bammy! Awards nominee, and winner of the WTHI-TV Golden Apple Award.
He lives in west central Indiana and says that he’s living the dream -- happily married … with three kids … two dogs … and a mortgage.
StartModule 1: Gearing up for remote learning (3:25)
StartModule 2: Keys of remote learning (6:26)
StartModule 3: Setting up (or optimizing) your workflow (18:14)
StartModule 4: Using your learning management system effectively (11:04)
StartModule 5: Designing lessons (12:22)
StartModule 6: Setting up video calls with students (11:11)
StartModule 7: Establishing protocols for video calls (11:49)
StartModule 8: Ideas for video calls with students (11:33)
StartModule 9: How to provide for students with slow internet (13:53)
StartModule 10: Learning ideas that use no internet (13:41)
StartModule 11: How to build community, social connection into class (10:12)
StartModule 12: How to use templates to design remote learning lessons (10:49)
StartModule 13: Where to find ideas (9:54)
StartModule 14: Now what? (7:27)
StartCertificate of Completion